Monday, July 28, 2014

To: EVERYONE


Sometimes I forget just how blessed I am. I have SO many things/people to be thankful for!!!

I am thankful for Sabrina. She has been my cheerleader, so to speak, she keeps me going, and is always motivating me to not give up. She also introduced me to my next person:

I am thankful for Kelsey. Kelsey has only known Gavin a short time, but she is SO good with him. She sticks with him, and doesn't give up on him. If he needs a short break, okay, fine, but she isn't going to just leave because he doesn't want to do something. Gavin needs that! 

I am thankful for my family. I know I can ALWAYS find someone to call on when times get rough, and I need a break. Oh, and I do have those days! I can't tell you how many times I have called my sister, in laws, dad and step mom in tears. "I just need a break, please. Even if it's just an hour." Or, "I am exhausted. I just need a little sleep." Someone is always there to give me that break. 

I am thankful for Courtney. Courtney and I have known each other since high school. We talked, but weren't all that close. When she heard about Gavin, she was one of the first ones to message me. She has listened to me laugh, cry, yell, and rant. She gets what I am going through, and her just "getting it" helps a TON!

I am thankful for my support groups on FB. All of them! Whether it be the autism groups, ladies group, or just a dramatic group of Mommies. (I am kidding! Calm down!!!) It's been a bumpy, rough month, but I am glad some of them could see past my faults, and show me they still care. I am thankful for the ones that love me "warts and all." Ugh. I wish I could think of who says that quote! I think its my step mom. "The right people will love you no matter what, warts and all." 

I am thankful for all the ones that have been praying for Gavin and myself. I am a firm believer in prayer, and I pray my heart out every night. To know that other people are praying for us helps me cope, and keep faith. 

I am thankful for the ones that tell me like it is. I may not like it at the time, but eventually I am going to realize, at that time in my life, I needed that. 

I am thankful for everyone that reads this hot mess of a blog. Half the time I am not even sure it makes sense, but I know a few of you keep on reading it anyway. :)

I could go on and on and on. I truly am blessed. Let's just put it this way: If you are reading this, whether you know me in real life or not, I am thankful for you. That sounded so generic and so fake. I don't want anybody butt hurt because I didn't thank them. 

As fake as that sounded, I honestly mean it. If you are reading this, then you have someway,somehow impacted my life. This blog is not a huge hit, and it hasn't went viral yet. (Yet! Who am I kidding?!? Half of you have probably already fallen asleep a few times reading this snooze fest!) Oh, whatever, you get it! I am done. Here, now everybody feels the love.



3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing Bridgette. My oldest great grandson (now 12) is autistic. He lives in Texas and has 3 younger brothers. My granddaughter tells me he is doing very well in school and every day life. I talk to him over the phone every so often when he wants to talk on the phone. And BTW, I enjoyed my visit here and haven't fallen asleep LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bridgette,
    It's a wonderful feeling knowing that you have so many people (in person and online) that care about you. Everybody needs a support system and it sounds like you have a really good one.

    Have a wonderful day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete