Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Peace and Calming and Vetiver

I almost hate to post this because I will probably jinx myself, but here we go. I ordered some essential oil online. I ordered several (that are suppose to help with autism symptoms) and they just so happened to arrive today. Gavin was bouncing around the house, going wild, like usual. I put a little Peace and Calming oil on one foot, and Vetiver on the other. When I mean a little, I mean a TINY amount. That stuff is very strong! 

Peace and Calming promotes relaxation and may calm over-active, hard to deal with children. It also might reduce depression, anxiety, stress, and insomnia.Vetiver helps quiet overactive, exhausted, or stressed minds. It helps control anger, irritability, and neurotic behaviors.  Twenty minutes later (maybe less than that) this is what he looked like:


Now, it could have just been the fact that he had just had lunch, his belly was full, and he decided he was sleepy. Or the oil could have helped. I honestly don't know. You are suppose to apply it 2-3 times a day. I also bought some Lavender and Cedarwood. Lavender, of course, can cause a calming effect, aiding in sleep. Cedarwood also helps with sleep. If your child sleeps well, they have a clear mind and can focus better during the day. I am going to try those two before bed tonight.

Maybe I am crazy for trying all this, but I will try (almost) ANYTHING that could possibly help Gavin. It might not help him, and that's okay. That is one reason I bought it online, it's cheaper. If it doesn't work I'm not out of a ton of money. If it works, GREAT. I have to give it a shot, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment