Saturday, August 2, 2014

Early morning (sleepy mommy) rant

I try and keep this blog pretty positive, but it is currently 3:35 am and all positive thought have been gone for a few hours now.



 I am exhausted and frustrated. Gavin went to bed at 9 pm, and woke up at 1:30 am. He is still awake....

I am very frustrated, but not at Gavin. I am angry with his pediatrician. I mentioned in my last post that I was trying to find a new one. Reason number 1 being because of this. I mentioned to him that Gavin has nights where he doesn't sleep, or he doesn't stay asleep. His response, "Welcome to Autism. Unfortunately, that is part of it, and nothing can be done. He is just a high maintenance kid. You'll get use to it." REALLY?!? Yes, I will definitely get use to only sleeping 2 hours a night. I will also get use to working full time (school starts back next week), taking care of two kids, cleaning, laundry, ect on TWO HOURS OF SLEEP!


Don't get me wrong. I know that a lot of autism children don't sleep, and sometimes nothing can be done, BUT to offer me ZERO help or suggestions....Ugh! Okay, rant over. Thanks for enduring my "exhausted momma, momma bear claws coming out" vent session.

Now, that I have depressed you by reading this, I'll be positive.

1. I still have PLENTY of people in my life (and Gavin's) that don't have the "accept it, get over it" attitude. They are willing to do anything to help Gavin.

2. I'm getting Gavin cuddles. Even if it is 4 am, I'll never turn down his snuggles.

3. He is being calm. Usually when we have late nights, he gets easily frustrated and whines a LOT. I wouldn't call it a meltdown, he just fights sleep and gets cranky because he is exhausted, too. He did whine a bit at first, but has been quiet and calm for the most part. Maybe this oil is working....

4. He just passed gas on me, and it didn't stink. I wish I was kidding. Sleepy mommy = delirious mommy

5. Yesterday he put his shorts on all by himself, correctly. He is good at undressing himself. I joke and say he is going to be a Chippendale when he grows up.



He struggles dressing himself though. I threw his shorts on the floor, and turned around to get Keegan dressed first. I happened to glance over at him, and he had put them on by himself!

I could go on and on. The positive definitely outweighs the negative. Everyone needs to vent sometimes though.

I have vented, and I feel better. Now it's time to:





No comments:

Post a Comment