Thursday, August 14, 2014

Gavin's 1st full week of school

Gavin goes to school every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Today, he completed his first full week. I couldn't be more proud.


 Music class


Today he actually stayed in his center, AND played! Usually he runs around the room like a wild man! I was shocked to see this picture!!! I am SO SO SO proud of him!

Not only did he complete his first week of school, he also rode the bus (for the first time ever). I was a little nervous about how he would react to being on a bus with people he didn't know. He LOVES it! 






The past couple of weeks have been hectic, but Gavin has been a trooper. He has OT (with Kelsey, at our house) every Wednesday and Friday. He has music therapy every Thursday with Mrs. Lowery. He goes to school 3 days a week (where he gets OT and speech.) He has an OT (occupational therapy) and ST (speech therapy) evaluation two days next week. After his evaluations, he'll start going to ST and OT outside the house and school, also. Yes, I know that's a lot, but I am going to do all I can to help him. I have been blessed with all this help, and I am not going to waste it!  I am also going to get him started on ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) in the near future.

 Busy, busy, busy! Like I said, I will do ANYTHING to help Gavin. With that being said, though, if I see it's too much for him to handle we will chill a little. Honestly though, he is such a laid back child (most of the time), nothing really phases him. He just goes with the flow.

I can breathe a little easier knowing he is going to be okay with all the newness going on in his life. Will he have rough days? Absolutely! We all do! All we can do is take it one day at a time. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment